Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Beauteous [easy] Meals


The tupperware's lid is slightly elevated
so it has more space for larger sandwiches.  

Living in New York City can be really expensive. Eating lunch at a restaurant every day will burn a hole in your wallet, which is why I try to bring lunch everyday. It is cost effective and gives me an excuse to eat healthier.

Last year, my roommate found this cool sandwich tupperware which I use constantly now. The tupperware is really secure, the top part hasn't opened even though I put it in a huge backpack and a clunky purse. (If its made it through committing, it will make it through anything...) I got some of my ideas for sandwiches from Pinterest; here are some meals that I've made over the past week!

This lunch [to the left] was left over chicken salad (same recipe as my May 27 post) on top of lettuce and some asparagus. There are carrots and black berries in the smaller part of the tupperware. The smaller part is good to put fruit in. 

My lunch today was left over rice from Chinese take out, grilled chicken and asparagus. I put slices of cheddar cheese on top of the chicken so it would melt after being microwaved for a minute. Then I mixed up the chicken cheesy goodness with the rice! 

Meal before microwave.

Meal after microwave.

Below an avocado, cheddar cheese and onion sandwich. I made this as a quick snack after work, so I didn't get to use the tupperware. Just throw the sandwich into a pan and let it warm up and toast like a grilled cheese. You'll also need a little salt and pepper for the avocado. 

Avocado and cheesy goodness... 
Here is my final meal. It was my lunch last week when I wasn't at work. I cooked up asparagus, cut some cheddar which just goes well with everything - including warm vegetables, and made a parfait of sorts. There is vanilla yogurt, mango cut into cubes, black berries and almonds. 

Beautiful meal next my city view.

No comments:

Post a Comment