Monday, May 27, 2013

Off to Work in Less than 11 Hours!

Tomorrow, at 10 a.m. I start my first internship! Well, my first of two internships. Tomorrow I start at Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting and on Thursday I will be at FOX 5/WNYW. Just so all of you know, I am working six days a week, 50 hours a week for 10 weeks this summer. Needless to say, my friends and boyfriend are not super happy that I cannot hang out, but they are very excited for me! You see, I always overwork myself so this will be a piece of cake. Working Saturdays may not sound fun, but I am already so excited.

Here I am outside of FOX 5/WNYW.
Michelle couldn't resist taking a photo or two.
Today, my step-mom, Michelle, and I travelled the subways together. That might sound silly to the everyday New Yorker, but it's been a while. In high school, I studied at CAP21 for a summer and spent six weeks commuting to and from the city. I knew the subways like the back of my hand and walked through the stations without hesitation, all the while singing musical theatre songs with my friends.

Needless to say, I lost all of this intuition for navigating through the underbelly of NYC when I started to go to school in Ithaca. So, Michelle and I ventured through the streets and subways on Memorial Day. Finding FAIR was easy because it is right near the subway I took to CAP21. Fox, well. I couldn't miss it once I was on the 67th.

When we came back to our neighborhood, Michelle and I bought groceries. It terrified me how fast paced even the cashiers are!  Before I could even process that it was finished, she checked me out. In under a minute! Cooking my dinner took significantly longer, mainly because I made chicken salad which will also be my lunch for most of the week. It took about 30 minutes to make it. Here is a link to the recipe! 

Well, I should go to bed. It is a big day tomorrow. First internship. First night in the city (for a really long time). It's only the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment